A Christian Community House for Students
In the spring of 2004, Wesley took a leap of faith and purchased a huge house where up to 13 students could live together in Christian Community. This house is home to 13 students active at Wesley and/or another local UMC! If you are interested in having a tour or applying to live in this house, contact Betty Jo at Wesley.
Some expectations that we have of Aldersgate residents:
- Be active at Wesley Foundation or another ministry with involvement in worship and at least one other activity.
- Follow house rules -- The house is free of smoking, drugs, sex, and alcohol. Other guidelines are also set to ensure a healthy Christian atmosphere.
- Attend a weekly house meeting and community meal. Residents share responsibility (about once a semester) cooking a meal.
- Share house cleaning. Each person will be given some basic tasks (about 15 min./week) in order to keep the house clean and pleasant to live in.
- Participate in house functions. Functions which are not mandatory but encouraged may include fellowship events, Bible studies, Covenant Groups, etc.
- Attend a spring retreat to prepare for the next year and build community with other residents.
- Pay rent on time. See the application for rates and payment schedules.
We have two apartments at Wesley Foundation (on either side of the Great Hall) that we like to rent out to students active in our ministry or another campus ministry. In consultation with the director, they can make arrangements to work off their rent by helping clean and maintain Wesley or offering their services in other ways. One expectation is that they open up and lock down the building every day.